It’s especially important that you do get vaccinated, since you may be at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID. For people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems, an extra booster shot is also recommended.
Examples of such underlying conditions include:
– High blood pressure (hypertension)
– Being treated for tumors or blood cancers
– Having received an organ transplant
– Auto-immune conditions or previously had Guillain-Barré syndrome or Bell’s palsy
– DiGeorge syndrome or Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
If you have any questions on whether the vaccine is right for you, please talk with your doctor. They know your medical history and have your best interest at heart.