If you think you have COVID:
- Stay home and take a test
- If it’s negative but you still feel sick, stay home and take another test in a few days (sometimes it takes a while for the tests to register the COVID virus)
- If it’s positive,
- Tell everyone you’ve been in contact with so they can be tested
- Isolate at home for at least five days and until your symptoms are better
- After at least five days, if your symptoms are better – for the next five days
- Wear a well-fitted mask whenever you’re around others (be super strict about this one)
And, if at any time your symptoms feel worse than a cold, call your doctor.
For more detailed information, please visit the DOH Isolation and Exposure Guidelines.
The State DOH and CDC both have handy calculators to help figure out when you can go out and about again.
Sources: https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/files/2022/01/Summary-Guidance-for-COVID-19-Cases-and-Contacts.pdf (DOH)