If you think you have COVID:
- Stay home and take a test
- If it’s negative but you still feel sick, stay home and take another test in a few days (sometimes it takes a while for the tests to register the COVID virus)
- If it’s positive,
- Tell everyone you’ve been in contact with so they can be tested
- Isolate at home for at least five days and until your symptoms are better
- After at least five days, if your symptoms are better – for the next five days
- Wear a well-fitted mask whenever you’re around others (be super strict about this one)
And, if at any time your symptoms feel worse than a cold, call your doctor.
For more detailed information, please visit the DOH Isolation and Exposure Guidelines.
Sources: https://health.hawaii.gov/coronavirusdisease2019/files/2022/01/Summary-Guidance-for-COVID-19-Cases-and-Contacts.pdf (DOH)