There is so much information out there about COVID, vaccines, masks, etc. It can quickly become overwhelming. Here are some tips to help sort out the most reliable information:
– Check the source. Even if it’s from someone you trust (like friends and family), check to see where they found the information.
– Check the date. We are learning more about COVID every day, and the more recent the information, the more accurate it is.
– Read the whole article. Headlines are often designed to be sensational, and they rarely tell the whole story.
– Ask yourself, am I being persuaded by emotions or facts? Is there evidence to back the information?
– Remember, everyone has biases. This is where data can help us to look past our own opinions to try and figure out what is true.
SOURCE: https://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/how-to-spot-fake-news/ (Fact Check)